In this video lesson we take you thought the initial setup on the Xavier NX to get you to first boot. Below are links to the equipment I am using. As you go through these lessons, it will help if we are working on identical hardware:
- First, you will need the Jetson Xavier NX, which you can get HERE:
- You will want a quality, large SD card, I have very good luck with this one HERE:
- You will need a camera. I have found that the Jetson Xavier NX works very well with most Logitech Webcams, but these cameras are a little hard to find right now. I suggest the best option if you do not have a logitech webcam is to get the Raspberry Pi Version 2 camera, which works very well. You can pick the camera up HERE.
- It is optional, but I have found that it is nice to have an extra, longer cable for the Raspberry Pi camera, which is available HERE. Also, a small case/stand for the camera is nice and you can get the one I use HERE.
- The Jetson Nano has a slot for a SSD drive. I really like having the SSD drive attached, and makes it much easier to keep your work backed up. The projects in these lessons will work fine with just the SD card, but if you like, the SSD drive makes life easier (note even with SSD drive, you will still need the SD card above). You can get the SSD drive I am using HERE.
- You can use USB keyboard and mouse, but I like to preserve my USB slots for other things, so like using a wireless keyboard and mouse. This is optional, but I have found these work well on the Jetson Xavier NX, and you can get what I am using HERE.
- You will need an HDMI cable and monitor, which you probably already have.
OK, that is it. Get your gear ordered and lets get ready to learn Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks and some other really cool things.